Write for Trip Reports
Have you taken an backcountry trip you’d like to write about? In order to share as many trip reports as possible, we source our trip reports from community members and outdoor enthusiasts just like you. Trip Reports currently pays between $100 and $150 CAD for each trip report. You will also receive an author bio and links to your website / social media channels.
How it Works
- Send us your pitch. Tell us the destination and route you completed. Please provide an estimation on the length of post, how many photos you have and if you have a YouTube video / GPS coordinates. We will review your pitch and, if accepted, we will provide an estimation on what we will pay you for the report.
- Write your trip report. Use the template provided. Be thorough and ensure everything is as accurate as possible. First and foremost, the report should be informative. You can also add your personality with trip tips and anecdotes – be creative!
- Send your trip report. We will review it and may make minor edits for consistency. Then we will confirm payment, pay you and post your trip report.
- See it published!
Trip Report Requirements
- Follow the template. To ensure consistency across trip reports, you should follow the template as closely as possible.
- Keep length between 1,000 and 2,000 words. Trip reports must be a minimum of 1,000 words to be accepted.
- Submit between 4 and 14 photos. Photos should be high quality, and a minimum of 1080 px on the longest side. The template contains instructions for sending photos.
If you are interested in sending a pitch, please send an email to mikaela[at]voyageurtripper[dot]com